The Minnesota criminal justice system is increasingly tough on all levels of crime. Even relatively minor offenses such as shoplifting, drunk driving, assault or obstruction of justice can result in serious jail time, hefty fines and a criminal record that will come back to haunt you for a lifetime.
Crime rates are higher in big Minnesota cities such as Minneapolis, where violent crimes are currently on the rise. In the city’s efforts to combat crime, local law enforcement and prosecutors are increasingly cracking down on even minor offenders.
If you are facing charges for any kind of criminal offense in Minnesota, you need an excellent criminal defense attorney with strong credentials and a proven track record of success in order to avoid the serious criminal and civil consequences of a conviction.
Someone dedicated to protecting the rights and freedoms of their clients. A skilled lawyer who will listen carefully to your side of the story, explain your options, and craft the best possible defense.
This will give you the best possible chance of getting your charges reduced, dropped, or dismissed – or, if you end of going to trial, of being acquitted or otherwise found not guilty.
Keyser Law, P.A. has almost two decades of combined experience in criminal defense, along with a statewide reputation for innovative defense strategies and a successful track record – even when tackling very difficult cases. Our firm has defended cases in state, federal, and even military courts, expertly and aggressively representing clients.
Our founder, Christopher Keyser, has earn all kinds of accolades throughout his career. He was named a Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star for his professional accomplishments and commitment to criminal justice. The National Trial Lawyers has put him on both their Top 100 Trial Lawyers list and their list of the Top 40 Under 40.
He is known for his even temperament, candor, and professionalism, and has countless satisfied clients, and is highly respected by prosecutors and judges throughout the state, federal, and military justice systems.
Recently, he added yet another feather to his cap by being named a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association. This prestigious designation has been awarded to less than 3% of all Minnesota attorneys, placing Mr. Keyser at the leading edge of Minnesota criminal defense.
What exactly does it mean?
Criteria for Getting a Certified Criminal Law Specialist Designation in Minnesota
Attorneys undergo a rigorous approval process in order to be awarded designation as a Criminal Law Specialist. Certified attorneys must demonstrate superior knowledge, skill, integrity, and commitment to criminal law.
In order to be certified as Criminal Law Specialists, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate substantial involvement in criminal law practice, including a minimum of five continuous years of practice immediately preceding the application process.
- Knowledge and proficiency in criminal law, including passing a rigorous examination regarding criminal law practice, as well as the ethics and responsibility of criminal law.
- Extensive experience in criminal law, including serving as principal counsel in many jury trials.
- A reputation for criminal law competence in the legal community, including the enthusiastic recommendation of several colleagues.
- Continuing education in criminal law.
- Excellence and competence in legal writing pertaining to criminal law.
- Demonstrated good character and ethical behavior.
Together, these rigorous criteria ensure that only the best of the best criminal defense attorneys are designated as Minnesota Criminal Law Specialists.
How a Minnesota Certified Criminal Law Speicialist Chris Keyser Can Help Your Case
You want a certified Criminal Law Specialist on your case for the following reasons:
- Demonstrated competence and expertise: Being awarded this designation means that the lawyer in question possesses substantial expertise in criminal defense and a proven track record of success.
- Continuing education: Criminal law is always changing and evolving. In order to receive and maintain the Criminal Law Specialist designation, attorneys must constantly educate themselves on current criminal law practices.
- Professional reputation: In order to maximize your chance of success, your criminal defense attorney should have a good reputation with local judges and prosecutors. Certification means that your attorney has an excellent professional reputation and is highly respected. This reputation means that judges and prosecutors recognize the legitimacy of your attorney, and that they will look more favorably on requests made both before and during trial.
- Ethical standards: When facing a criminal charge, you want someone on your side that you can trust implicitly. A professional who will always uphold their duty to you and do their utmost to give you the best chance at receiving a positive outcome. Certified attorneys have been thoroughly vetted in this regard, giving you confidence that their actions will always be in your best interests.
We are very pleased to announce Mr. Keyser’s designation as a Certified Criminal Law Specialist, and that our clients will benefit from his hard work and dedication in earning this prestigious designation.
About the Author:
Christopher Keyser is a Minneapolis-based criminal and DWI defense attorney known for fighting aggressively for his clients and utilizing innovative tactics to get the most positive results. He has been featured in numerous media outlets due to the breadth and depth of his knowledge, and recognized as a Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014–2015), a Top 100 Trial Lawyer (2013–2015), and a Top 40 Under 40 Attorney (2013–2015).