With an endless amount of lawyers to choose from, finding the right criminal defense attorney can be overwhelming. Here are ten reasons we are the best defense for anyone facing criminal charges in state or federal court.
1. Experience. With over 20 years of combined legal experience, Keyser Law, P.A. knows how to win. Criminal charges are far too serious to leave to an inexperienced attorney. From petty misdemeanors to serious felonies, we have seen every type of criminal case and have the track record to prove we can win.
2. Awards. Criminal defense attorney Christopher Keyser is a Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star, a Top 100 Trial Lawyers, a Top “40 Under 40” Lawyer, and has the highest possible rating on the independent attorney review website Avvo.com.
3. Success Rate. Our two favorite words are “not guilty” and we hear them a lot. With a near 90% acquittal rate, we are not afraid to take your case to trial. Our second favorite words to hear are “case dismissed.” We obtain case dismissals for nearly half of all our criminal defense clients. Those are pretty good odds.
4. Reputation. When negotiating with a prosecutor to keep a client out of jail or keep a criminal record clean, having strong relationships with the opponent can mean the difference between winning and losing.
5. Military Experience. Attorney Christopher Keyser is a Captain and Judge Advocate in the U.S. Army Reserve. Our firm offers reduced fees to all veterans and service members to show our appreciation for the less than 1% of Americans who wear a military uniform.
6. Government Experience. All attorneys at Keyser Law, P.A. have prior government work experience prior to entering private practice. This experience includes Minnesota state district criminal court, federal immigration court, and two federal agencies.
7. Immigration. We have a successful immigration practice that allows us to better serve our non-citizen clients who face criminal charges. Defendants with potential immigration consequences like deportation or a denial of federal benefits require special attention. Understanding how our immigration system works and navigating it through criminal court requires unique experience.
8. Affordable. Is it true that “you get what you pay for?” Well, sort of. Lawyers charging very little for representation tend to do very little work. However, attorneys charging an enormous fee do not necessarily provide better representation. Our fees are fair and very competitive for the criminal defense market. We also offer free consultations.
9. Education. We keep our clients informed. The law can be complex and difficult to understand. In order for you to make the best decisions, you need to understand what is happening in your case. We do the heavy lifting and explain your case in the simplest terms. Working with us is never confusing.
10. Flexibility. With offices in downtown Minneapolis and Stillwater, we are close to every metro city. If you cannot travel to one of our locations, give us a call and we can schedule a free consultation over a cup of coffee closer to your home or work location.