The Christopher W. Keyser Undergraduate Scholarship
Keyser Law, P.A. created the Christopher W. Keyser undergraduate scholarship program to provide financial support to students working towards a career in the legal field. We strive to positively change people's lives by advocating for them during life’s most important and significant challenges. Great students will someday make great advocates, and we hope this scholarship program supports that endeavor.
How to Apply
Applicants Eligible students must write an essay between 1,500 and 2,000 words on ONE of the following topics:
- What is the biggest problem in our criminal justice system and how do we fix it?
- So you want to be a lawyer? Tell us why the legal field interests you and how you will better your community.
- There are millions of undocumented persons living in the United States. Should the U.S. Government grant legal status to these individuals, or deport them? Explain your answer.
Applicants must email their completed essay as a Word document or PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter including the following information:
- Full name
- Mailing address
- Telephone number and E-mail address
- College or University in attendance
Applications can also be mailed to Keyser Law, P.A., 228 Chestnut Street East, Stillwater, Minnesota, 55082.
Any student enrolled in a four-year college or university program in the United States with an interest in the legal or criminal justice fields may apply. Applicants must major or actively pursuing a degree in one of the following areas of study:
- Criminal Justice
- Pre-Law Studies
- Political Science
Completed applications must be submitted no later than July 31, 2015.
The scholarship amount is $1,000.00 and will be awarded once annually.
Selection Process and Notification
The Scholarship Committee will review all applications and notify the winning recipient by email in August 2015.
Please direct any questions regarding the scholarship to email@example.com.