The Christopher W. Keyser Undergraduate Scholarship
Keyser Law, P.A. created the Christopher W. Keyser Undergraduate Scholarship to provide financial support to students working towards a career in the legal field. Our law firm strives to positively change people's lives by advocating for them during their most important and significant challenges. Great students will someday make great advocates, and we hope this scholarship program supports that endeavor.
How to Apply
Applicants must write an essay between 2,000 and 3,000 words on one of the following topics:
- Police conduct is a divisive issue in our country. Do you think police officers should wear body cameras while on patrol? Do you think this will better serve the community? Explain your answer.
- There are millions of undocumented persons living in the United States. Should the U.S. Government grant legal status to these individuals, or deport them? Explain your answer.
- Do you think our criminal justice system is too hard on defendants? Should mandatory minumum jail sentences be higher or lower for certain offenses such as drug crimes, gun crimes, or DUIs? Explain your answer.
Applicants must email their completed essay as a Word document or PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter including the following information:
- Full name
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number and E-mail Address
- College or University currently attending
- Current Major
Applications can also be mailed to Keyser Law, P.A. at 228 Chestnut Street East, Stillwater, Minnesota, 55082.
Who Can Apply?
Any undergraduate student enrolled in a four-year college or university program in the United States with an interest in the legal or criminal justice fields may apply. Applicants must major in or actively pursuing a degree in one of the following areas of study:
- Criminal Justice
- Pre-Law Studies
- Political Science
2015 Application Dates
Applications for our 2015 scholarship are currently being accepted. Completed packets must be submitted no later than July 31, 2015.
2015 Scholarship Award Amount
The 2015 scholarship amount is $1,500.00.
Selection Process and Notification
The scholarship committee will review all applications and notify the winning recipient by email in August 2015.
Please direct any questions regarding the scholarship to email@example.com.